What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
We use Google Analytics technology on our website. Google Analytics helps us to measure how users interact with our website. Google Analytics cookies will collect certain information during your visit including the length of your use of our website, which parts of our website you click on and the number of webpages on our website that you visit. These are known as analytical or performance cookies and help us to monitor and develop our website to improve your experience.
For more information on how Google Analytics, please visit:
You can opt out of tracking through Google Analytics by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
How do I turn off cookies?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.